Re: what's up with security?

From: "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl>
Subject: Re: what's up with security?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:36:10 +0200 (CEST)

> > > in frozen/unstable there is 2.8.3 (and -ssl version)
> > * * *
> > > Should this go to slink also?
> >
> > I certainly hope there is not time for 2.1r7 before 2.2, but it would be
> > nice to have a fixed Lynx for Slink posted at SECURITY.DEBIAN.ORG.
>
> We're still at 2.1r5. A list of requested changes has been sent to ftpmasters
> weeks ago, but nothing has happened since then. A new lynx may easily go in
> 2.1r6 (IF we ever get that...)

I think lynx 2.8.3 should fix at least BTS #63638
"copyright file needs updating; source origin invalid"
before considering if one put it in slink or not.

This bugreport is, not in the sence of priority of BTS
but in the general meaning, very important.

Regards,			2000.5.26

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>