Re: Kernel sound support

Mike Bilow wrote:

> Or install just the added modules, as is done for PCMCIA.

You mean alsa modules which are really outdated now, and the maintainer
not giving a bit of attention to the bug reports I filed aeons ago?
The new upstream sources fix tons of bugs, better support, etc. I'm
using alsa-0.5.7 and it works much better. alsa-modules, alsa-source, alsa-lib
alsa-utils... all need to be updated, and they require almost no work.
The new sources are a drop-in replacement. The potato versions are
at the presenet 0.4.x

Thanks,

--
 +  Eray "exa" Ozkural                   .      .   .  . . .