Re: netscape 4.73 in potato?

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 12:02:31PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 07:17:01AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > is segfault communicator/navigator 4.73 going to be getting into
> > potato?  i think this really has to happen given the security fixes
> > involved.
> >
> > and if so can they please be packaged for the powerpc tree too?
>
> Dark more or less approved 4.73 for potato (and even slink) last night on
> IRC.  He said this in doogie's presence.  If doogie can get them packaged
> by the weekend, I guess we'll see them.  You should probably file a bug
> asking for the PowerPC binaries.
>
> The extra good news is that Netscape is now offering 128-bit encryption
> versions for download, so fortify is no longer necessary.  See
> <http://www.fortify.net/>.

yes i just remembered this, how will this affect the debian packages?
since there is no longer fortify available debian will either have to
supply 128 bit packages or users will not be able to use the debian
packages to get the 128 bit versions.

since netscape is freely distributing 128 bit binaries should debian
put them in non-US/non-free ? or perhaps netscape-blah-128-4.73 packages in
non-US with the export versions in plain non-free ?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/