Re: ITP seahorse

Mike Bilow writes:
> I think there is a need to make clear and evident that the "full" version
> is not US-exportable.

Why not label one "Contains crypto" and the other "Does not contain crypto"
and let the vendors make their own decisions about what is exportable?  It
seems to me that what the vendors need from Debian is information, not
legal advice.

I think that people reading "not US-exportable" are likely to assume that
Debian's attorneys have determined that to be true.  It is not at all clear
to me that the crypto in question is not in fact exportable.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)