Re: unstable/frozen: package conflict?

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 09:03:03AM +0200 , Svante Signell wrote:
> Petr,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply. The different naming, gnome-print and
> libgnomeprint6 caused the confusion.
>
> Is it possible to view the contents of the packages on the debian web
> site, in addition to search for specific paaterns? What about adding

?? packages.debian.org has a search facility

> creation time information to the web pages, e.g. to
> http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/admin/gnome-print.html.
> The only timing information I've found is in the Changelog file, if it
> exists! It the lack of timing information on purpose?

you usually can't tell when some package entered the archive. It's not in
Packages from which the web pages are generated. Changelog has it, if you
really need to know.

> Maybe also the web page should list packages it conflicts with,! A
> reference to libgnomeprint6 would have solved my problem easily.

It coulb, but the web pakges are only to document current status of packages
not dependencies/obsoletnes. It's autogenerated and adding some
exceptions/clarifications for an obsolete package, which sould be removed from
woody anyway, would be useless.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

Resistance is futile. You all will be packaged