Re: ITP seahorse

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 12:55:53AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 06:05:08PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > I was under the impression that the partitioning between debian/main
> > > and non-US/main was only due to the archive's location in the US.
> >
> > Excellent observation of the obvious. And since nothing in main can depend
> > on anything outside of main (non-US/main included), then the package
> > should go into contrib.
>
> But putting it in non-US/main would be equally legal: it only depends
> on packages in main and non-US/main.  Policy dates back to a time when
> non-US was not split, and I would like to argue that putting it in
> non-US/main makes a lot of logical sense.

Fine, argue about this on -policy. But don't bring this poor guys simple
question about "here and now" into this debate. As it stands now, that is
where it should go. If he uploads it today, that is where he should upload
it. Nothing to debate about that until the rules have changed.

It's so sad to see something so simple turning into a policy debate.