Re: ITP seahorse

> > I was under the impression that the partitioning between debian/main
> > and non-US/main was only due to the archive's location in the US.
>
> Excellent observation of the obvious. And since nothing in main can depend
> on anything outside of main (non-US/main included), then the package
> should go into contrib.

Let me rephrase that.  If the archive were located in the free world,
and we didn't worry about people whining about how hard it was to
do partial mirrors, then there would be no separation of debian/main
and non-US/main.  Since non-US/main is borne out of a "necessity"
and not out of a political separation as is done with licensing,
then the distinction you're making is meaningless and potentially
offensive.

Why "punish" software for ridiculous legislation?