Re: Applying the kernel-patch-2.2.10-raid 2.2.10-3 to 2.2.15

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 06:40:42AM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:

> We have a potato system running on 2.2.14.  It was not easy to do.

> Third, the boot floppies do not have the RAID tools, such as mkraid, so
> you need to have these on a separate mountable floppy so you can create
> the RAID set in the first place.  You may also have to explicitly create
> /dev/md? devices in your root ramdisk with mknod.

These will need to be statically-linked programs, as the
boot floppies do not have the correct shared libraries to
run the standard binaries.

> -- Mike

I've done this several times now.  It's a pain, but once you
get past the base install, it's pretty much business as
usual.

My $.02

 -- Bill Jennings