Re: netgod's eyesight (Was: Is there a backport for the framebuffer device?)

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 10:46:09AM +0900, Julian Stoev wrote:
> |Daniel> Please tell me that this is with at least a 20" monitor - my
> |Daniel> eyes begin hurting on my 15" when I ask for a mere 80 rows of
> |Daniel> text.
> |
> |Its a 22" True Flat(tm) -- http://www.iiyama.com/indexy/product2/a201ht.htm
> |-- that I think is worth it: unlike the CPU/motherboard of the month,
> |good monitors are a 5-year investment.
>
> My God! Using 22" in text(ish) mode for IRC... My brain hurts. *:-)

100x36 or so on a Dell 21" Trinitron here.

<netgod> my client has been owned severely
<netgod> this guy got root, ran packet sniffers, installed .rhosts and
	 backdoors, put a whole new dir in called /lib/"   ", which has a
	 full suite of smurfing and killing tools
<netgod> the only mistake was not deleting the logfiles
<netgod> question is how was root hacked, and that i couldnt tell u
<netgod> it is, of course, not a debian box
* netgod notes the debian box is the only one left untouched by the hacker
         -- wonder why