Re: Stallman Admits to Copyright Infringement

On Tuesday 16 May 2000, at 10 h 18, the keyboard of Jules Bean
<jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have a friend who regularly breaks the speed limit in his car, which
> is illegal in this country.  Am I to think his values worthless and
> his contributions to programming worthless?

Do *not* compare breaking the speed limit with illegally copying music. The first offender may kill innocent people because of his stupid and criminal behaviour. The second one just diverts money to another pocket.