Re: ITP: lame

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 01:37:03PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org> writes:
>
> > > Even if lame can not go into Debian due to patent issues, I will put
> > > a new package up for download as soon as possible.
> >
> > It's safe to say that it still infringes.
>
> The lame author thinks that distributing source code should be ok (of
> course, since he obviously does it).
>
> Would a "source-package" be fine?

I really don't know the answer to this question. Maybe you should ask on
debian-legal.

> Should it go into non-free or not (the code is GPL'd)?

No, it either can be distributed (in which case it goes in main), or it can't
(in which case it doesn't go anywhere).
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Standing up to an evil system is exhilarating, and now I have a taste