[dark: READ!] CD images / Re: Formal objection: Changing how the testing of potato works would invalidate the whole test. So please don't change it.

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

[...]
> All boot-floppies are ready (except ARM, but that's an opaque thing :), and
> the CD images have been created. So, we can test potato installation and
> upgrade with those.

As advertised on cdimage.debian.org, there are (still) _NO_ official CD images
of the first test cycle.

The reason is that we are still WAITING for several things to happen. We are
not going to release officially broken CDs, because broken CDs can't be
evaluated.

This is my current WaitingFor list:  (comments are welcome!)
----------
alpha
- apt 0.3.19                    install
- upgrade-alpha                 install   (see #63890)
(Confirmed 05/13)

i386
- apt 0.3.19                    install
- upgrade-i386                  install   (see #63890)

m68k
- apt 0.3.19                    upload & install
- 2.2.13 floppies               install
- upgrade-m68k                  install   (see #63890)
(Confirmed 05/14)

ppc
- apt 0.3.19                    install
- libc6                         re-upload & re-install

sparc
- apt 0.3.19                    install
- libc6-dev, 2.1.3-10.1         upload & install
- upgrade-sparc                 install   (see #63890)
(Confirmed 05/13)

arm ???
- floppies  ???
ARM will not release with 2.2 as there is no way to install it.
Maybe 2.2.1 if people are providing boot-stuff.

We will NOT be releasing official CD images before all this has been resolved.
(And yes, it's me who controls that, since I'm the webmaster of
cdimage.debian.org.)

I'd finally like to see some action from ftpmaster/release manager (i.e.
dark). He's being _extremely_ communicative to us CD people :-(

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer