Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 04:30:32PM +0200 , Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 10:21:27AM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> >     >> Anybody here uses Slink as a desktop?
> >
> >     HM> It's only useless if you have to have the latest gizmos from
> >     HM> GNOME, KDE or whatever.
> >
> > Or whatever you need for serious work.  Having buggy X not allowing me
> > to type ISO 8859-2 characters
>
> Slink X doesn't let you type Latin 2 chars? Strange, it lets me do that.

there were problems with Czech locale and characters both in iso1 and iso2.
It can be workaround, but it's ugly, non-intuitive and certainly not for a
newbie.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso