Re: First Test Cycle starts today

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 12:35:19PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> After that, the distribution will be tested for about 10 days, during
> which it will not change at all.  After testing comes an evaluation
> period, during which we either release potato as-is, or install any
> fixes necessary (which one hopes will be available in Incoming already;
> is not, there will be an extra delay), and start a new Test Cycle.

Almost two weeks have passed since this test cycle began, so this would seem
to be the time to make that evaluation.

Since the archive move and all the related trouble related to it happened
exactly during the test cycle, the schedule is a bit disturbed (two
Incomings etc), but we shouldn't let these problems delay the release any
longer than it already has to be :)

How about this for the next plan: you accept uploads to potato until the new
boot-floppies get uploaded (if they do), and then start a new test cycle.
People can continue testing with the CD images from the previous test cycle
in the meantime (the differences aren't that important for testing
installations). What do you think?