Re: What is status of ftp-master.debian.org and master.debian.org?

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 07:55:20PM -0700, Kevin Dalley wrote:
> > Where should new packages be uploaded?
>
> > ** Incoming has moved to ftp-master.debian.org; please upload there
> >    or use an upload queue.
>
> You said it ;) Upload to ftp-master.d.o, definitely.
>
> > ftp-master.debian.org:/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming is mounted
> > read-only, so uploading there doesn't work.
>
> % hostname -f
> auric.debian.org
> % mount | grep /org
> /dev/sdc1 on /org type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
>
> It's fine now, Ben has finished that testing a few days ago.
>
> > potato dupload supports uploading to master, but not ftp-master.
>
> A RC bug has already been filed :) In the meantime, use this in
> ~/.dupload.conf

Yup.  I filed it.

> package config;
> $cfg{"master"}{"fqdn"} = "ftp-master.debian.org";
> $cfg{"master"}{"incoming"} = "/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming";
> 1;
>
> (plus any other settings you already may have, of course)
>
> > Meanwhile, my password to the debian machines has reverted to one I
> > used many months ago.
>
> Probably because you didn't use LDAP to change it, but `passwd' etc...
> go to https://db.debian.org/login.html to change it.
>
> > If master.debian.org is not being used for incoming, then it should be
> > used as a queue
>
> James already said the upload queue will be set up, be patient. :)

Unfortunately, none of this information has gone to
debian-devel-announce, which is where it belongs.  That's part of the
reason why master.debian.org keeps on receiving uploaded packages.
The incoming directory allows uploads, which adds to the problem.  I
shouldn't have to search through the logs every time something fails.

The message on master is only seen when logging into master, which
isn't necessary when using scp.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevind@rahul.net