Re: What is status of ftp-master.debian.org and master.debian.org?

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 07:55:20PM -0700, Kevin Dalley wrote:
> Where should new packages be uploaded?

> ** Incoming has moved to ftp-master.debian.org; please upload there
>    or use an upload queue.

You said it ;) Upload to ftp-master.d.o, definitely.

> ftp-master.debian.org:/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming is mounted
> read-only, so uploading there doesn't work.

% hostname -f
auric.debian.org
% mount | grep /org
/dev/sdc1 on /org type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro)

It's fine now, Ben has finished that testing a few days ago.

> potato dupload supports uploading to master, but not ftp-master.

A RC bug has already been filed :) In the meantime, use this in
~/.dupload.conf

package config;
$cfg{"master"}{"fqdn"} = "ftp-master.debian.org";
$cfg{"master"}{"incoming"} = "/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming";
1;

(plus any other settings you already may have, of course)

> Meanwhile, my password to the debian machines has reverted to one I
> used many months ago.

Probably because you didn't use LDAP to change it, but `passwd' etc...
go to https://db.debian.org/login.html to change it.