Re: Archive is moving to auric / Incoming disabled

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Marek Habersack wrote:

> > However, this is actually useless for mirroring so the point is moot

> Oh, is it? And how about versioned mirroring, based on filenames?

Who does that? Not us..

> Very unreliable stuff and also puts some strain on the server the data is
> fetched from - if it has a large directory tree, regenerating lsR with every
> change to the file system takes much time. With ftp the client just asks the
> server for the listing and that's it.

Uh... Let me ask you a question. What is cheaper, generating a ls-LR once
when your archive changes or several hundred times each day for each
mirror. Particularly when it takes a good 4-5 mins to actually do a ls-LR
:P

The ftp client *should* already be using pre-generated ls-LRs.

Jason