Re: Archive is moving to auric / Incoming disabled

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 09:50:12AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > I really don't see why http would be worse then ftp.
>
> because fetching files from the US when you need them NOW adds
> unnecessary delays to repairing a system that just got hosed by an
> apt-get upgrade.

This has still nothing to do with http compared to ftp. HTTP is actually
easier to automate as FTP. The only real advantage of FTP compared to HTTP
is the possibility of "REGET", but since this can be one with HTTP/1.1, too
there is not much difference. Of course the index/ls feature of HTTP is nun
standard (if u use a spider), but if you look into the "ls" parser of
"mirror" you quickly see how standard FTP servers directoriy lstings are.

Greetings
Bernd