Re: Removing rsh-server is difficult

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 03:46:22PM +0200, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> I installed a fresh potato selecting a few tasks. When I install ssh
> afterwards, deinstall of rsh-server is recommended. But removing
> rsh-server fails because task-x-server includes rstartd which in turn
> depends on rsh-server. The only way to remove rsh is:
>
> dpkg --remove rsh-server rstartd task-x-window-system
>
> which for a newbie would look like X is going to be removed. Not pretty.
> Is this a bug of task-x-window-system?

Nope.

The task packages are designed to be removed whenever you need to
fiddle in more detail. They contain no files, and removing them does
no harm, they're just a quick way of bringing in a large number of
packages.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable