Re: Debian upgrade

"Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho" <nemanuel@student.dei.uc.pt> writes:

> Hi,
>
>  I've been away from reading news about Debian so that I have some
> questions:
>
>  Is it 2.1 the latest version of debian ?
>  Which glic is it running ? glibc2.1 ?

Yes 2.1 aka slink is the last stable release. It's running glibc2.0
IIRC. You might want to consider upgrading to potato, which is frozen
(nearly stable) and will be released soon (hopefully).

>  Which lines should i include in sources.list from apt-get package to
> upgrade my system to the lastest stable packages ?

I use:
deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

You should adapt the mirrors according to your physical location and
replace woody by slink or potato if you want stable/frozen instead of
unstable (altough I must admit that I'm quite happy with so called
'unstable')

HTH.

> P.S. Please reply to me since i'm not subscribed on this ML.

Mailed  and posted.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann (Dru@ICQ, 54523380@ICQ)
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725, A-1080 Wien, Austria, Europe