Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 01:15:59PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > > Yes, and it's the second such bug report on the new version of epic4,
> > > which you assured me was a good replacement for the old epic4.  You
> > > gambled and lost.
> >
> > I agreed it was RC?  I didn't downgrade it because the fix was to be
> > available at the beginning of THIS week.
>
> That has nothing to do with whether it is release-critical.
>
> If you're telling me it's not release-critical, then I can still put
> epic4 back.

It's not release critical to Debian - it's only a problem with a single
script which isn't in Debian.  Should the fix go into potato?  Sure, it's
an "important normal" bug.  As I said, I didn't take the time to downgrade
it because I expected a fix yesterday.

It should still be fixed today.  I expect a fix to appear in under two
hours.  I need about 20 minutes to apply/build/test/upload the client to
be sure it doesn't break Debian's existing scripts.

I still don't believe 4 hours was sufficient warning.

I have also been a huge Unix fan ever since I realized that SCO was not
Unix.           -- Dennis Baker