Re: Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 07:42:29PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> : Such programs should be configured with X support, and should declare a
> : dependency on xlib6g (which contains X shared libraries). Users who wish to
> : use the program can install just the relatively small xfree86-common and
> : xlib6g packages, and do not need to install the whole of X.
> :
> : Do not create two versions (one with X support and one without) of your
> : package.

Yes, I think it was not Rene's request to build the isdnutils once with
X support and once without, but instead split the package. I cannot
remember the policy doesn't allow that. ;)

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt -- Freiberger Str. 17, 28215 Bremen, Germany
e-mail: roland@copyleft.de, phone: +49 421 3763482, fax: +49 421 3763483

Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a GNU generation