Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts

Hi all

What about dividing packages like isdnutils into parts with non-X and X tools ?
At the moment I am building a Debian-based firewall package bootable directly
from CD-ROM and I really do not want to install X stuff on a firewall. However,
ISDN support is definitely needed, but the xmonisdn tool is not. With the
current situation, I am forced to install X libraries on every router, firewall,
server etc. that needs ISDN connectivity. Would it be much work to build
separated binary packages ?

In my opinion all packages that come with some X tools that are not essential
for the primary function should be split up into parts. One good example for
this are the exim and eximon packages.

Just some thoughts for discussion.
Rene