ITP: zebedee (and possibly libblowfish)

I'd like to package zebedee, a simple TCP/IP tunneling program.
It can be found at http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/
and is licenced under the GPL2

But before I can produce an actual package, I still have a problem.
Which section should this go. The program uses blowfish encryption
and asks for libblowfish, which is just the blowfish part of SSLeay.
The program builds just fine using libssl09-dev, but if I do

Build-Depends: libssl09-dev

it would have to go into contrib, as libssl09-dev is in non-us.

As I understand it, the blowfish algorithm itself doesn't have any
problems with patens, so, if I'd package libblowfish, could libblowfish
go into main, allowing zebedee to go into main?
Or are there any US export restictions on blowfish? Then I'd just use
libssl09 as that'd be in non-us anyway.

Also, after packaging, I'd need a sponsor.
Thanks.

Source: zebedee
Section: unknown
Maintainer: Oliver M. Bolzer <oliver@gol.com>
Standards-Version: 3.0.1

Package: zebedee
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 Zebedee is a simple program to establish an encrypted,
 compressed TCP/IP tunnel between two systems. This allows
 TCP-based traffic such as telnet, ftp and X to be protected
 from snooping as well as potentially gaining performance
 over low-bandwidth networks from compression.

 The main goals for Zebedee are to:

  * Provide client and server functionality under both UNIX
     and Windows 95/98/NT.

  * Be easy to install, use and maintain with little or no
    configuration required.

  * Have a small footprint, low wire protocol overhead and
    give significant traffic reduction by the use of
    compression.

  * Use only algorithms that are either unpatented or for
    which the patent has expired.

  * Be entirely free for commercial or non-commercial use and
    distributed under the term of the GNU General Public
    Licence

--

	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF