Re: ITP: zebedee (and possibly libblowfish)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Oliver M . Bolzer wrote:

> But before I can produce an actual package, I still have a problem.
> Which section should this go. The program uses blowfish encryption
> and asks for libblowfish, which is just the blowfish part of SSLeay.
> The program builds just fine using libssl09-dev, but if I do
>
> Build-Depends: libssl09-dev
>
> it would have to go into contrib, as libssl09-dev is in non-us.

No, it won't have to go to contrib. libssl09-dev is in non-US/main . Your
program has to go to non-US/main, too.

The relation/difference between non-US <-> nonfree is:

- nonfree: not DFSG free, e.g. uses patented algorithms

- nonUS: problems with US export laws (uses encryption)

- nonUS/nonfree: nonfree and uses encryption

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi