Re: ITP: deluser

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 03:28:02PM +0200, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

> Yes, of course. I've fixed some bugs in adduser and would like to adopt
> the package. What does Guy say to this?

I wanted to adopt bash a while back but never got a response from him.
Perhaps he thought I am not able to handle such a package since Matthias
Klose got a response and is now maintainer of that package.

> You can get the current package still at
> http://www.copyleft.de/pub/author/roland/debian/adduser/
> Please note that I didn't change the version number since the version I
> put there yesterday although some more bugs are fixed and changelog is
> improved.

Thanks for your work.

> The current changelog is:
>
> adduser (3.11.2) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * NMU
>   * new tool 'deluser' to remove users the same way like adding them
>   * manpage for deluser(8) and deluser.conf(5)
>   * translation of adduser and deluser to German
>   * fixed bug that uid and gid 0 were not recognised (fixes: #59859, #60491,
>     #50620, #56468, #53606)
>   * text "enter groupname" instead of "enter username" if adding a group
>     (fixes: #52701)
>   * also allowing usernames like foo$ with --force-badname for compatibility
>     with Samba machine accounts (fixes: #28149)
>   * allow also setting full gecos fields with --gecos like
>     "Roland Bauerschmidt,Room 3,0421/3763482,0421/373545" (fixes: #44031)

WAAH! I needed that yesterday converting a SuSE system into Debian. I had
to split the gecos field and set that data with chfn afterwards. Took
half an hour - why didn't I read -devel before leaving to university??
*sigh*

>   * last NMU has already fixed bug 44810 (fixes: #44810)
>
>  -- Roland Bauerschmidt <roland@copyleft.de>  Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:20:30 +0200

I will upload it tonight if it looks okay to me.

Thanks

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member