Re: apt sources.list

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 02:39:00PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I don't. We are not talking about sudden silent upgrade from slink to
> potato. It is rather evident by the huge number of packages to upgrade,
> the large list of 'new' packages, and the various other little signs.

But it is just *one* <enter> away. Or if you're using apt-get -y upgrade,
(think crontab), not even that...

> All you are doing is replacing this rather nice sign with a hard to
> understand (404 File not found http://..../slink/...)

It's not harder to understand a `<everything> not found' message than to
understand a `<everything> will be upgraded' message. ITYM it is harder to
solve.

> I guarentee the latter will result in lots of 'Why is the FTP archive
> broken?' mails to root@ftp.debian.org :P

And doing the semi-full upgrade to the new stable distro will result in