Re: apt sources.list

On 26-Apr-00, 07:52 (CDT), Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 02:39:00PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > I don't. We are not talking about sudden silent upgrade from slink to
> > potato. It is rather evident by the huge number of packages to upgrade,
> > the large list of 'new' packages, and the various other little signs.
>
> But it is just *one* <enter> away. Or if you're using apt-get -y upgrade,
> (think crontab), not even that...

If you're running 'apt-get -y upgrade' from a crontab (or any other
time), you should have taken the time to understand and accept the
consequences.

A few announcements should go out on debian-announce, a week before
release and then again a few days before, along the order of "we are
about to release potato, if you have your apt/sources.list file pointing
at 'stable', the upgrade will happend the next time you use apt-get, you
may want to change your source.list to use slink."

Steve