Re: How tosupport RIP

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 03:56:33PM -0700, Jerry Zhou wrote:

> I want to know how Linux support routing protocol such as RIP and OSPF.

It uses user level daemons to maintain the kernel routing table.

routed and zebra seem to be packaged for Debian.  routed is the bog
standard daemon for handling RIP - not particuarly nice, but it does the
job and a fair proportion of the suckage is down to RIP.  Zebra is more
modern and handles a selection of protocols (including RIP and OSPF) but
is still relatively new.

There's also gated, but that was non-free and unpackaged last time I
checked.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/