Re: Debian posters

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 11:33:48AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Maybe another addition.
> Anand Kumria wrote:
> > I've finally gotten around to making preview PDF and  output quality
> > PostScripts ready. They can be had at
> > http://www.debian.org/~akumria/posters/. Please note that the last
> > PostScript poster is still uploading (~17M) and should be done
> > shortly.
> Another Debian-Poster we've used is at
> ftp://gauss.mathematik.uni-oldenburg.de/pub/joey/ffis/gucke/debian/
> Only the debian* files refer to Debian.

> 	Joey
> PS: They're much shorter than 17MB since proper tools were used.

If you know how to re-create what I've made available with free tools
please don't let me stop you. I don't believe you could get it much
smaller though. Your poster is 90% text, mine is 90% images.

The actual postscript is 277Mb; of that, however, 276Mb is EPS data
for the three images on the poster. EPS data contains, as far as I
know, TIFF images.

Since the images have been rescaled up be visible on an A1 sized
poster - Tux / BabyGNU A4 sized, swirl A1 sized - I think the
image sizes are quite normal. I only helped to write the imaging
systems in use at News Corp, however, so I may know nothing of course.

Please let me know if I can help you recreating the posters in free
software, it'd be a lot more useful for me as well.