Re: Bug in Apache (was: Nochmal Apache...)

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 01:46:11PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> We have not configured apache that way. The script where the error occurs is
> a 4 step Perl CGI script that preserves previously entered state and data in
> hidden fields (which clearly show up when viewing the HTML source).
> When submitting the form with additional data, apache seems to "forget"
> the hidden fields as well as the newly inserted data, and calls the script
> again with empty input.

Do you happen to use mod_perl? In that case, the problem could be that
you're creating a closure somewhere because a mod_perl script is
compiled as a subroutine.

Things like

    my $cgi = new CGI;

    sub do_stuff {

break, you need to either pass everything as parameters, or make your
global variables real globals, not lexicals.

The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed
subsequently, via the LunaDude. [excerpted from the Lunatech Identity Manual]