Re: Bug in Apache (was: Nochmal Apache...)

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 01:46:11PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> We have not configured apache that way. The script where the error occurs is
> a 4 step Perl CGI script that preserves previously entered state and data in
> hidden fields (which clearly show up when viewing the HTML source).
> When submitting the form with additional data, apache seems to "forget"
> the hidden fields as well as the newly inserted data, and calls the script
> again with empty input.

Do you happen to use mod_perl? In that case, the problem could be that
you're creating a closure somewhere because a mod_perl script is
compiled as a subroutine.

Things like

    my $cgi = new CGI;

    do_stuff();

    sub do_stuff {
        something($cgi->param('bla'));
    }

break, you need to either pass everything as parameters, or make your
global variables real globals, not lexicals.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed