Re: Bug in Apache (was: Nochmal Apache...)

On Thu 20 Apr 2000, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Klaus says: Apache (1.3.9-13) has problems with URLs that end
> up in cgi-bin programs that are fed with data using POST.  Apache
> tends to return an old cached page with incorrect content.

I'd suggest adding an "Expires:" header (indicating the current time),
and/or a "Cache-Control: no-cache" and/or "Pragma: no-cache".

Does apache indeed return a cached page, or simply indicate that the
page is still valid? I don't think that apache will cache pages it
serves up itself (using apache as caching proxy is something else).

> Interestingly this does not happen when apache-ssl (1.3.9.12+1.37)
> is used.

I guess that's because there's no sense in caching secure documents?

In short, I don't think this is a bug, more a feature.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/