Re: wrong priorities in the override file for potato

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> > The result (for the i386 architecture) is here:
> >
> > http://master.debian.org/~sanvila/potato
>
> Anything that deps on libncurses4 should be recompiled against libncurses5.

Should I take this in the sense that a standard or higher package which
depends on libncurses4 deserves an important bug to be recompiled?

> As for libdb2, isn't that a moot point considering it doesn't really exist,
> [...]

If it does not really exist, I think there should not be dependencies on it.
OTOH, if we are in the middle of a transition and the (real)
dependencies are satisfied by libc6, then libc6 should have a
Provides: libdb2, so that these dependencies are already satisfied in
the dpkg sense. Joel?

--
 "03fabb536a6da51787cca01796248e18" (a truly random sig)