Re: Maintainer needed. and ITP: lyx-cjk

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 12:53:54PM +0900, Ryuichi Arafune wrote:

> D.S.> Could you please upload a unpatched version of lyx first,
> D.S.> to undo the damage?
>
> Sorry, I wait to upload unpatched version until lyx-cjk is uploaded
> completely.
>
> The reason.
>
> 	i) The non-cjk users have a way to avoid this problem to downgrade
> the version. (to use potato version)
> 	ii) However, cjk-users don't have any way to use lyx (except
> building by themselves) , if i upload unpatched lyx.

It will take a week or two for lyx-cjk to go through, leaving a
lyx that's completely broken for any user of straight lyx. Any one
upgrading from Potato will lose here. The status quo is that lyx
works and lyx-cjk doesn't exist. It's not acceptable to break
what currently works in order to provide new functionality.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with