Re: Pgcc in Deb

Eray Ozkural wrote:
> > > I disagree. From experience, I know that up to %50 speedup can be gained
> > > in number crunching stuff. I'd suspect %20 could be pretty normal for
> > > most CPU hungry apps, and the overall speedup would be significant.

Please send me cold hard data if you have it. I have never been able to
find speedups beyond barely detectable when I tried to benchmark pentium
optimized and i386-optimized programs. And I've never gotten anyone to
send me more than unsubstantiated claims. I don't find my lack of
success conclusive, but I don't understand why everyone who has such
success with this cannot send me reproducable results and hard numbers.

> Now that I have enjoyed using the pentium-builder package

Thanks, glad you like it.

--
see shy jo