eximconfig: Option 4, Local delivery only

I was wondering if eximconfig is doing the right thing for this option. I
have machines which are connected on a network, and I want to have a MTA
but only for the benefit of apps like cron or debconf which need to send
local mail.

I expected that Option 4 of eximconfig (Local delivery only) would block
any TCP/IP conections to exim, but it doesn't; I'm still able to send
e-mail from a different machine successfully.  Shouldn't eximconfig warn
about this?  Or am I missing something?  (very likely)

Anyway, what's the best way to achieve what I want?  Run exim from inetd
via tcp wrappers and protect it in hosts.deny?  Run exim as a daemon and
give it an option to not listen to port 25, or not use SMTP transport at
all?  All I want is local mail.

TIA,

Jose
--