Re: Not to get off on a rant here.....

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> - In woody, /usr/share/doc will be used, and all packages will be updated
>   to use it. Packages will still provide /usr/doc links for backwards
>   compatability.

Please note that the current policy documents do not talk about woody,
they just talk about using symlinks during the "transition".

We may well drop the symlinks in woody if we decide to do so. After all,
we agree that we will tell our users to look in /usr/share/doc, so the
symlinks will not be needed anymore in woody.

Thanks.

--
 "bcfbd31b1445b182af15f6aa534a2102" (a truly random sig)