Re: first draft "aptitude howto"

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 10:03:42PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> I see you need to know a lot of keys. I think that is non-intuitive;
> a full screen interface should have pulldown menus (perhaps with
> shortcuts), a command line interface has switches.

Well, actually pull down menus are very seldom used with curses applications
and not very good. A short menu like tin or mutt/elm offers is IMHO enough,
and I think it is already there...

You can of course use some Function Keys in Addition to letter Keys, and
habe the Space-Key work on the current selection (cycle packet state), but
IMHO aptitude is a great advance over the dselect. Especially because of the
new package feature and the preview feature. The last functio i am missing
is a "install this" function, which avods to upgrade others (i use "apt-get
install" for that).

Greetings
Bernd