Re: Potato - update-alternatives (Ian Jackson) and window managers - doubt (and Slink to Potato Success)

Previously Branden Robinson wrote:
> gnome-session itself does NOT provide window management services.
> The package also doesn't depend on a real window manager.

True.

> I think having it masquerade as a window manager could lead to people not
> having a window manager installed at all.

Hmm, can't really argue with that either.

> If the system administrator wants to modify the default, system-wide X
> session file to call gnome-session, he can.  /etc/X11/Xsession is a
> conffile.

I usually add gnome-session as an alternative for x-window-manager and
that works quite well.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |