Apple's Darwin and Debian

 I was browsing the diary of Wilfredo Sanchez, developer of Apple's Darwin
at http://www.advogato.org/person/wsanchez/ and saw this:

            Wednessday I reached an important milestone in getting Darwin
1.0 released. For the first time, I managed to build all of the components
together. The build system we use for Darwin (which was written by Klee
Dienes and uses the Debian packaging tools) seeds a build root for each
project with the software required to build that project, and it gets the
seed packages from the last build. So this milestone is a very important
one because everything built using Darwin 1.0-built packages, which means
we're also testing a large portion of the software as we go along.

Just thought it was interesting.