Re: blue on black is unreadable

Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:

> >  Oh crap, you're right.  I wasn't thinking on that one.  Oh well, I guess
> > somebody will have to find good colour combinations for every colour
> > package.
>
> I can do that. Black on white. Proven to work
> perfectly for centuries. Or do you only read books with white letters on
> a black background, or all sorts of colors for differently styled
> text???

No, the difference is that computer monitors are fundamentally different
media from books. Books work by reflecting surrounding light, whereas
monitors emit the light themselves.

I think having xterms with black on white to be comparable to reading
a book in direct sunlight. It's not nice at all. I always read books
in the shade.

My xterms are all white on black. The exception is netscape which it
black on light-grey, because for some reason true-type fonts look
horrid the other way round.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>