Re: 5 days till Bug Horizon

> > Package: cvs (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Tom Lees <tom@debian.org>
> >   59543 cvs: cvs-makerepos does not exist
>
> Isn't this just "cvs init"?

I think this is supposed to be a script that creates the repos that you
listed in the configuration (debconf). Doesn't appear to eexitist even in
the source.

> >   59909 cvs: cvs segfaults when commiting a dir

I never had this problem either. I emailed the submitter asking for more
details, to see if maybe it was something else that cvs was using
(ssh/rsh) or maybe even the remote system (pserver, etc..) that was
actually segfaulting, or if he was using a local repo. Never got a reply.
I think this can be closed for lack of supporting evidence, and not being
able to reproduce it.

> > Package: nscd (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Joel Klecker <debian-glibc@lists.debian.org>
> >   58367 nscd: 'broken pipe' error causes entire box to be unusable
>
> Has anyone been able to reproduce this?

I've had the same problem. I had to kill nscd to get things back in order.
Note, I use nscd along with nss_ldap. It really does make things unusable.
It winds the whole system out (since just about everything does a
username/uid lookup). I've never been able to reproduce it reliably, but I
can say that it occurs when my dialup connection dies which might
attribute it to dns lookups (maybe it makes nscd block for some unknown
reason).

> > Package: smail (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Soenke Lange <soenke@escher.north.de>
> > [HELP] Mail to Soenke bounced.
> >   59135 smail: Smail doesn't work with the latest libraries
>
> We seem to have a history of release-critical bugs for smail until just
> before the release... is Soenke reading this, or has anyone contacted
> him?

KILL SMAIL :)

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '