Re: 5 days till Bug Horizon

Previously Richard Braakman wrote:
> Package: autofs (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Justin Maurer <justin@debian.org>
>   52132 autofs: Race condition when expiring autofs submounts leaves daemon crippled
> [STRATEGY] Patch available, waiting for reply from upstream

We should probably go with the patch in the bugreport, it seems to work
nicely and I haven't seen any objections to it on linux-autofs.

> Package: cvs (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Tom Lees <tom@debian.org>
>   59543 cvs: cvs-makerepos does not exist

Isn't this just "cvs init"?

>   59909 cvs: cvs segfaults when commiting a dir

> Package: debianutils (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Guy Maor <maor@debian.org>
>   59121 run-parts hangs during /etc/cron.daily runs

This is a nasty one..

> Package: dpkg (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@debian.org>
>   33237 /etc/alternatives/emacs not managed properly - /usr/bin/emacs doesn't run emacs20
> [STRATEGY] Switches to manual-mode too quickly, maintainer will look at
>            it this weekend.

This has at least been improved somewhat in 1.6.10, I'll try to fix it
once and for all in 1.6.12.

>   58091 package name "Eterm" --> "eterm"

This is a residue of a bug in another package which violated policy by
using a capital in the packagename. I wonder if I could get away with
simply lowercasing the package-names when reading the available-file..

> Package: epic4 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
>   58508 Epic pre2.503 has bugs which 2.505 has not

And this is release-critical because?

> Package: gnomeicu (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Edward C. Lang <edlang@debian.org>
>   58919 gnomeicu causes XServer to grab all the memory.

I can't reproduce this.

> Package: gnudip (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
>   59248 gnudip: Gnudip prerm script fails with error `groupdel: group gnudip does not exist'

Sounds like a trivial fix..

> Maintainer: Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org>
>   59592 grmonitor needs to depends on libgl1 instead of mesag3

Is this release-critical? Not sure. It's only a recompile btw.

> Package: libc6-dev (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joel Klecker <debian-glibc@lists.debian.org>
>   59962 sys/ucontext.h shouldn't define ERR

This *really* should be fixed,

> Package: mh (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Edward Brocklesby <ejb@debian.org>
>   59227 htdig: Apparent infinite recursion
>   59891 Security problem in MIME-handling code

Can we drop this package and tell people to use nmh instead? I've been
thinking of releasing a security advisory to that effect..

> Package: netbase (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Anthony Towns <ajt@debian.org>
>   59282 netbase: portmap is killed too early on shutdown

Hasn't this one been fixed by now?

> Package: nscd (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joel Klecker <debian-glibc@lists.debian.org>
>   58367 nscd: 'broken pipe' error causes entire box to be unusable

Has anyone been able to reproduce this?

> Package: smail (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Soenke Lange <soenke@escher.north.de>
> [HELP] Mail to Soenke bounced.
>   59135 smail: Smail doesn't work with the latest libraries

We seem to have a history of release-critical bugs for smail until just
before the release... is Soenke reading this, or has anyone contacted
him?

> Package: xmame-gl (debian/non-free).
> Maintainer: Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org>
>   59595 xmame-gl depends on mesag3, must depend on libgl1 instead

Same as grmonitor..

> Package: zsh (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
>   58941 core dump with function mycd() {builtin cd "$@" && echo $PWD}
> [STRATEGY] Fixed in the next .deb.  Already fixed upstream. (Mar15MH)

That is a week ago, has it been fixed since then?

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |