Re: Novell: NDS eDirectory for Linux

Yes it is possible and I have used a similar configuration in the past.

The key is to use pam

i cannot remember the exact login configuration
but something like

auth required pam_ldap.so

in /etc/pam.d/login

and in /etc/pam_ldap.conf something like

host ldapserver

base o=TREE_NAME

with Novell 4.11 use
ldap_version 2
pam_login_attribute cn
pam_filter objectclass=person
pam_crypt local

Netware 5 will be different as its LDAP is more LDAP compliant :)

ie
pam_filter objectclass=account
pam_login_attribute uid
etc