Re: quota yet again

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 01:13:03PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I just scanned through the quota bug reports and found that 4 open bugs
> (34980, 44585, 46610, 48103) are fixed in the latest upstream version.
>
> Does this justify a new package in frozen? From the changelog it seems that
> the only other changes are source code restructuring and one patch:

Not unless the listed bugs are release-critical. Are you sure that the
new version does not introduce new bugs, that it completely fixes all
bugs already fixed in the debian patches, and that it's fully tested?
Introducing new versions just because they exist can only delay the
release.

> * Added patches from Steven Walker <smw8923@cmsu2.cmsu.edu> for supporting
>   rpc_setquota call and tcp-wrappers check in rquotad.

This sounds like a neat thing to have. It also sounds like something
that could cause unexpected changes in the program's behavior which must
be thoroughly documented and provided for in the debian package.

--
Mike Stone