Re: [dickey@clark.net: Re: http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=59191]

Le Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 03:38:34PM +0100, Santiago Vila écrivait:
> Perhaps we should open the Bug System to upstream maintainers by adding a
> flag to every package. If this flag is on, reports are automatically
> forwarded to a given upstream email address. I'm sure many upstream
> authors would ask this flag to be enabled for their packages, even if this
> means a small percentage of received bugs happen to be packaging bugs
> which would not have to be forwarded in normal circumstances.

I can't believe it, usually I don't agree with you but here I do ! That's a
pretty good idea. I'm sure that for most of the packages, there aren't
that much Debian specific bugs and since the author can choose I don't see
a reason not to implement it. Even better anybody should be able to
register himself in the BTS so that he'll get all the bugreports for
a specific package (or source package, but that's something more difficult
to implement I guess) ... this would allow several maintainer to maintain
the same package without using an alias or a list.

Adding to this the possibility to have architecture specific bugs, and
distribution specific bugs, and we'll have the best BTS around the world.
Ok, who does it ? ;-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/