Re: [dickey@clark.net: Re: http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=59191]

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 02:48:30PM -0800, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> > Anyway... there is a second problem you mentioned that deserves to be
> > addressed.  Bugs should either be dealt with by the maintainer (if
> > they're involved with mods they made or the packaging) or the bugs are
> > supposed to be forwarded upstream (with a patch if one is available).
> > That is part of the Debian philosophy.
>
> I estimate that I get notified of less than 5% of the bugs.

IIRC, Thomas Dickey is ncurses upstream maintainer... frankly, it has been
practically orphaned for a long time, due to Galen Hazelwood's apparent
AWOLness. And recently Espy offered it for adoption, again... that package
really seems to be a `wild beast'.

Anyway, wading through old bugs is a boring, difficult and overall
completely uninteresting task. But it has to be done.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name