Re: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

> This update would NOT be blessed as stable, it would be a semi-stable
> release with:
>
> - 2.4 kernel and support utilities
> - X 4.0 drivers (but probably just X servers, to minimize changes; Branden
>   has huge reorganizations in mind for X)
>
> This would be a full Debian release, with a version number, boot floppies,
> CD images, etc, etc. After it ages for a few months, we may choose to call
> it stable but at first it would be called something that denotes it is
> semi-stable.

I like the idea a lot, but I have a question about version numbers.  Potato is
2.2, so would you call 2.2.1?  I'm assuming it would be more than just 2.2r2,
etc.

It would be better to have these included in another release with our blessings
than added in at your own risk, IMHO.  A 2.4 kernel simply should not be
included in THE potato release, however.  There should be no question about that
simply because of the major differences between 2.2 and 2.4.

--
Will Barton