Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 08:32:51PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> It's been a long time since I tried it, but IIRC you do not need a special
> extra package to do transparent proxying with squid - squid can
> do it all itself.
>
> In fact I must RC, since I wrote the extensions for squid myself ;)
> Read /usr/share/doc/squid/README.transparent-proxy.gz

Okay, will check that. Just one question, my setup is that the firewall
redirects all www queries except those coming from the proxy server to the
transproxy daemon that than in turn ask the proxy whose connection is then
allowed outwards.

I've had problems with a similar setup when I tried using just ipchains and
ipmasqadm to redirect some traffic. Since I didn't check in detail maybe
there was just a typo on my side. But I wonder what's the best setup for a
situation like this. ipchains/ipmasqadm or ipchains/ip with a special
routing rule?

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!