Re: Ghostscript 6.0

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 06:59:01AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Eh?  There would be no real code changes at all.  As I understand it, the
> > license on 5.5 is all that has changed.  So why not move it from non-free
> > to main for potato?
>
> The Release Notes of GNU ghostscript 5.50 say:
>
> The content of GNU Ghostscript 5.50 is Aladdin Ghostscript 5.50 with two
> enhancements:
>
>         - Approximately a dozen bug fixes that were posted on the Web site
>         after the release.

Well, it would be good to have these!

>         - The expanded URW++ fonts with the full Adobe PostScript 3
>         character set (the additions are mostly Eastern European
>         characters).

Given the fact that we have quite a few Eastern European users, this might
not be a bad idea either.

If dark would approve this, I think we should do it.  I'd volunteer but I
need to be occupying myself with XFree86 4.0.  (They're on their second
release candidate -- it is very close.)

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     I am sorry, but what you have mistaken
Debian GNU/Linux               |     for malicious intent is nothing more